Tuesday, December 6, 2011

The new guy at Suwanee Dental

Hey everyone! My name is Chad Schalk and as the newest doctor to join Suwanee Dental, I wanted to say hi and provide some information about myself.


My formal name is Richard S. Schalk Jr. although I've always gone by the nickname "Chad." Why my parents didn't just name me Chad from the get-go? Good question ha. I was born in Maryland but raised in Roswell, GA since age 3, so I consider myself a "southerner." After graduating high school I attended the University of Georgia and pursued my studies in dentistry at the Medical College of Georgia.

Upon graduation from dental school I considered going into private practice immediately, but decided I'd rather undergo more specialized training through a residency program. This led me to move to Columbia, SC where I completed the GPR residency program at Palmetto Health Richland Memorial Hospital. It was here where I received training in IV sedation, molar root canals, as well as implants. It was also at this time where I met and worked with my current colleague and friend Dr. Blazej Golik, aka Dr. G.


Aside from my professional life, I really enjoy going to sporting events, concerts, and movies. I find myself traveling quite a bit during the year and would have to say that skiing is my most favorite activity, probably because it's impossible to do near Atlanta. When I'm not busy working or traveling, I typically spend my time hanging out with friends and family.


While I've only been part of the Suwanee Dental team for the past two months, everything has felt like home. I'm excited about my future here and look forward to providing excellent quality dentistry for my patients throughout the Atlanta area.



1 comment:

  1. The most important thing in the workplace is that the people around you make you feel at home. It's one of the most important things employees consider. Comfort at the workplace can also make operations more effective, since employees are comfortable with working with anyone and everyone in the team.

    Elvera Matos

    ReplyDelete