Monday, November 21, 2011

Thanks For Giving

Thanksgiving is a time of thanks for many things in our country today. It began with the thanks to God for those who provided sustenance for another day so that the Pilgrims could get through the hard New England winter. The years have passed and the meaning and significance of Thanksgiving has gained many additional tones, hues and textures.

While Thanksgiving is a national holiday, not a religious holiday, it does have its roots in being thankful to God for giving us a way to survive, to prosper and to live to see another day. At Suwanee Dental Care, we honor the original meaning of Thanksgiving.

Also, I am thankful for the children that have passed before our eyes, growing into young people who court and marry. I have seen three generations grow to maturity in my practice and have had the pleasure of serving the aged as well as the honor of attending their funeral celebrations as they pass on to higher ground. The finality of death touches us each and every year, but this year, loosing my mother-in-law and my father has had a strong impact on the meaning of life and the fragility of it, also. I'm glad that I got to have both of them and my mother who has Alzheimer's living with us in their last months as I got to know them better because of it. They are missed.

As our practice matures, here in Suwanee, I am thankful for the families that join us and entrust their care to us. We are honored to be called "Your Dentist". As one of our older dentists retired from working with us and we add two younger dentists, Dr. Blazej Golik and Dr. Chad Schalk, I hope you'll be equally able to receive their caring touch and gentle manner as they assume that title of "Your Dentist".

You see, I'm very thankful for my partners in the dental practice, Dr. Jeremy Smith, who has been with us seven years, as well as Dr. Golik and Dr. Schalk. They allow me to focus on the difficult cases, the unusual needs of our patient population, the advanced dental reconstructions. These guys are excellent and are the backbone of our practice.

Yes, I'm still doing a lot of general dentistry, but the majority of my time is spent with the type cases that are more challenging. I'm putting my 37 years of experience and my two Masterships to work to assist those who need it most. Thank you for the confidence you show me, thanks for the referrals of your friends and loved ones and thanks that we get to be dentists in the greatest country on Earth. Thanks be to God for giving us our place to shine His light on others.

No comments:

Post a Comment